Saturday 26 January 2013

Treat for the eyes!

I generally just stumble upon gorgeous sarees in a mix of the ordinary. The beautiful ones just stand out there and lure me to them. Sometimes I dig at the right places, ok fine! But something similar happened to me two days back. I found three awesome sarees at an unexpected location. All traditional, ethnic and reflecting the diversity of our culture.

One is a vibrant, riot of colours with a beautiful interplay of orange, fuchsia pink and ochre with the pallu inspired by a traditional kanni shawl.







The other is a serene black and white with a graphic print......





And the third is a colour palette of pink and black interspersed with paisleys...





I'd love to get a feedback from you: good, bad or ugly!

If you want to know about the availability of any one of the above, drop me a line at smaithelmandal@gmail.com. :)

Look forward to my next post on food!



16 comments:

Kritika said...

Awesomeee mom!! Great idea, keep going!

Shakun Maithel Mandal said...

Thanks so much!

Shalini said...

Great stuff, Shakun!

Shakun Maithel Mandal said...

Thanks Shalini...hope you find it useful..

Soumya Chandra said...

Love the themes that you have chosen. I am so glad you started writing finally. Proud of you aunty! Way to go :D

Shakun Maithel Mandal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shakun Maithel Mandal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shakun Maithel Mandal said...

Thanks Soumya! So encouraging :)

Unknown said...

Hey Shakun... its going to be better than Time Out Delhi. Keep going!!!

Pushpita Mathur said...

Hey Shakun!!!! I remember you talking to me about this on my last visit. Awesome that you've made a start. I can see great ideas being shared here....& with excitement & enthu. Well done, my friend. Proud of you!!! Looking forward to you taking me to exciting spots on my next trip to Dli!!

Meera Krishnan said...

This is wonderful ! You've surely hit a sweet spot with food & textiles which are 'hot' with PLUs including me. Look forward to your next

Shakun Maithel Mandal said...

Thanks Meenakshi ....watch out for future posts...

Shakun Maithel Mandal said...

Look forward to that Pushpita...thanks for encouraging words..

Shakun Maithel Mandal said...

Thanks ..already plan to visit a new place this saturday..game?

Unknown said...

Wow Didi, way to go!

I just checked your blog. It is very nice. I loved the background wall-paper you picked.

All the three sarees are very pretty, but for me personally, anything with paisleys stands-out. The colorful one is very vibrant and gorgeous. Black n white is beauty in itself. Your blog will help me, to know what latest is going on in India.

And I simply loved the name of your blog, so innovative!!!

Didi, you won't believe... one day I was looking for a book to read and checked your book club and picked the book "Three Sisters". I loved that book. Now I am waiting to start "The hare with Amber eyes". Your book club is helping me pick good books.

Keep up the good-refreshing work. I will keep following your blog regularly.

regards,
Parul.

Shakun Maithel Mandal said...

Wow Parul so glad that you like the blog..the credit for designing goes to Kritika...I am truly happy that you liked our book club recommendation!
Hope you find the blog useful!
Look forward to your comments..